Sunday, February 28, 2010

AND its over........ up next: Closing Ceremonies and SURGERY

I can't believe it's already over!! Such a huge build up over the last 2 months of Physio and rehab for this ONE DAY!! It was all totally worth it.  I definitely felt a little rusty in the first run, but I think I attacked pretty well in the second and I came away with 19th place.  Although it's my "worst" result of the season, I never even expected to be able to race, so I'm still really proud of what I did without my ACL!

THE FANS WERE AMAZING!!! I was totally unprepared at how awesome the Canadian fans would be!! I've never been cheered for so LOUDly!
I snapped a couple shots of Brigitte in the finish!!
THE AMAZING CANADIAN FANS!!!  Proud to be Canadian!

I went and watched Cousi, Mike, Trevor and Brad in the mens slalom!!!
And I saw some funny mascot things!! ha
And then we had some post-race fun!!  With some of the Swedish team!
I want to join the HOT TUB CLUB!! hahaha
Anyway, goodbye Whistler!! It's been an amazing experience.
Oh ya, we ran into some of the ATTACKING VIKINGS!! Looking very spiffy!! Nice guys.
AND I am ready to get out of this rain cloud!!!
I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone everywhere who supported me on this interesting journey.  Hopefully next time I have my ACL and I'll be going for the podium! We are heading to CLOSING CEREMONIES tonight!! YAY!!  And then surgery on the 4th followed by 6 months of rehab before getting back on snow.  Not sure how I feel about that, but I'm pumped for the closing ceremonies tonight with the GIRLS!!!

1 comment:

  1. 19th was a good result considering the lay-off period!!! I hope you recover well before the next season and get within the top seed group.

    ReplyDelete