Monday, October 26, 2009

Hiking around Solden...

Hiking on our day off in Solden...
Mitch and I decided to go explore a little canyon trail that followed a little river up a little valley.  It was so beautiful, but upon our arrival at this pretty spot overlooking the turquoise glacier water tumbling over the rocks surrounded my bright green moss, I realized my good camera had no battery.
It was sad, but luckily Mitch brought her small camera!  In a way it was cool to have no camera and just enjoy the scenery in the moment and not worry about making it look cool in a picture.

We spend so much time in Solden every year and I always find that there is so much to explore around this valley that I don't usually have the time or the energy to check out.  Days off are perfect for seeing the hidden beauty that surrounds the town of Solden.
This is a picture of the old water trough system with the new plastic tube system.... times have changed!
Follow the austrian flags!  All the trails around are marked with the Red-white-red austrian symbol... in case we forget what country we are in??
And of course we had to do some poses... Mitch looking up towards the glaciers.
The forests here are so pretty.  A huge green carpet of moss covers the ground upon which perfectly straight trees that seem to be perfectly spaced out grow up towards the perfect blue sky.  haha it was a really nice day for hiking....
And a nice day for posing... or attempting to pose.  I think I need to work on my flexibility...
And a lonely red bench.  These benches are scattered around the various hiking trails!! Good for breaks!!

Anyway, we tracked down the boys after our hike and gave them all high fives for their awesome race!  I know that we (the girls team) are close to breaking through like the guys did yesterday.  It's just a matter of time!  Our slalom camp has started and so far so good.  Tomorrow we are supposed to ski on the GS race hill, so that should be interesting/challenging in a good way.  Shona got on a plane today and hopefully we will hear some good news when she gets back to her hood.
I am going to nap.

2 comments:

  1. How do you do that with your camera!? Like the red bench picture. How do you make the red stand out? What setting is that on your camera?!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna,
    I love this post!
    I happened upon that trail last year, and the red bench! And the soft, mossy floor, the beds of pine needles... It was honestly so beautiful, I cried. (Sappy, whatever!)
    Seriously good forest, there.
    Anyways, fun post and yes, love the red bench photo. ;)

    ReplyDelete