Sunday, August 12, 2012

amazing camping

Yesterday afternoon Marco and I decided to go for a last-minute camping trip.  We're both leaving town soon and wanted to get in a little extra awesome tahoe time!!
We drove out to Bear Lake, a tiny lake near the famous Rubicon Jeep Road.
 We arrived at dusk and I got crazy with my camera, flowers and the setting sun.  It was so beautiful!



 fairytale looking forest.
 the last light touching these flowers.

peeking through.
 marco sitting on the lake....
 very cool reflections!
 CALM.
 seeing double
 dragonfly fights!
 Star gazing tent.
 STAR!
 the many hilarious faces of Marco.
 just dance!
 meet in the middle
 ANNA
 after so much playing around with lights and fire, we checked out the meteor showers.
It was AMAZING.
I saw some HUGE meteors that were ridiculous!  In most of my pics if you zoom in and look closely there are either shooting stars or meteors in each.
Here you can see 2 star trails.
 This meteor I was so lucky to capture!! It was HUGE in real life, and the tail is green.  I think this is one of the cooler pics I have ever taken! Especially since the meteor trail reflected on the lake.
 all in all it was just an crazy beautiful starry night.  Camping was awesome and it's crazy that the summer has flown by so quickly.
Next week is the official moving week! Uhaul and everything.....

2 comments:

  1. I love the second and third shots - WOW! Great lighting. The camping trip looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether you want to hike the Grand Canyon or fly-fish in New Mexico, motorcycle trailers for rent

    ReplyDelete