Tuesday, September 21, 2010

First day back!!!

I arrived in Europe yesterday!  Martin (my technician(best ever)) picked me up and we headed straight to the Head factory where I got some new boots and some new skis!  
First day back on skis since the second run of the Olympics last year!!
And it felt like that was just yesterday!!
Here we are at the top of the hill, Jay's trying to refresh my memory on how to ski!!
A few more midway pointers!!
But it felt totally amazing to be back on snow, carving and feeling the wind in my face!
I had a huge smile all morning!!
Thanks Jay, Hugues (in the picture) and Kent (physio-magic-hands...) and Martin!!
I feel totally spoiled with all the support I have!! I really appreciate them being here and helping me get all my confidence and SPEED back! 
I even managed to make a few friends on the way down from the ski hill....
But this guy was giving me a creepy look....
So I ditched them and got on my way!
awkward...
anyway i LOVE skiing and it feels amazing to be back.  Can't wait to start ripping some GATES!!
plus the weather is amazing, nothing beats skiing in perfect weather!
Good times!!
p.s. thanks kent for taking all the pics! He even did some video but I have the wrong cord and can't upload it...   :(

2 comments:

  1. It looks to be all GOODMAN over there in Europe. Lucky! Hope the knee is as strong as an ox. I want a wind in my face and to be skiing. Soon enough. See you in Beav Creek?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Anna Goodman! You're finally on-snow after over 6 months! I first found your blog after my disbelief you had raced that well in Whistler...in a knee brace! You have endured (conquered really) the rehabilitation with grit, humour and eternal optimism. We'll see you on the podium...

    ReplyDelete