Friday, November 5, 2010

I am blogging to procrastinate from packing!

Ok, so I am obsessed with autumn!!  I love that there is still so much colour in the city!
I arrived back late last night after a summery trip in Truckee!! All week it was in the 20's (CELCIUS!!) and I was jogging around in shorts and a t-shirt like it was still summer!  I got in one last sweet mountain bike ride (the last EVER for my bike since my front shock is completely broken.... the whole downhill portion of the bike ride all I could hear was sickening metal-to-metal banging as the shock had completely compressed into itself...  :(  A sad day for one of my favourite toys!!!!)  But luckily totally replaceable... next spring!
But I think it was pretty cool that I was on the lake, mountain biking, jogging in the sunshine, and now SKIING in a few days; all in one week!
 This is my "nature in the city" picture.
Le path avec les feuilles! 
Also, I just received the newest red mittens in the mail from the Canadian Olympic Committee! Pretty cool! Can't wait to be rocking these all winter!
And finally.... my real task for this weekend is to arrange my life into bags.
This is one of my biggest challenges!! no joke!
It's hard to try and decide what  I will need over the next few months, and what can be left behind...
I wanna have nice clothes on the road, but not tooooo stylish since I live in sweatpants mostly, and I want to be warm but not overheated, I don't want my bags to be overweight, and I don't want to wear the same hoodie for three weeks like I did in Solden.  It's hard to justify bringing a nice pair of boots and a nice outfit when I might only use it once one twice, whereas I can use three pairs of sweatpants and a few hoodies for months on end!!!!
so much to do, so little time!! hahaha.
Here is what my living room looks like.  My parents will be happy when I have finished this serious bag-packing task and cleaned up the house.  When I pack and unpack, a bomb of clothing explodes wherever I am.  Just ask any of my teammates, my parents, or marco! haha. 
p.s. all that stuff about clothes is mostly a joke.... mostly....

Anyway I am seriously excited to get on the road again!!!!!! Finland is a sweet race to start the season with since its not too crazy and I have always enjoyed it! I'm just really happy to be getting back into another race season!

No comments:

Post a Comment